Friday, November 16, 2012

Reading Night


So last Thursday night I was getting ready to make dinner and happened to glance at the calendar and saw:
6:30 Family Reading Night 
CRAP! I forgot! I already washed my makeup off and had my oh so comfy pajama pants on... it had been a loooong day.  At that moment Noah came in the kitchen and said, "Isn't tonight Family Reading Night? Yes Noah Yes it is.

So I ran upstairs put my jeans back on and slapped some makeup on my face. I was sure there would be small children there and I didn't want to frighten them.

I am so glad that we went! It was a lot of fun. I really hope that the school does it again. 

They had an amazing story teller come in. She told several hilarious stories that involved participation from the kids. She was just fantastic! (I really wish I had taken my camera but at least I had my phone.)




Noah loved every minute of it. So did I!


They even gave us snacks!


They had a raffle and...

He won a gift card to Barnes and Noble!  Noah loves books so he was ecstatic! They gave away 4 other B&N gift cards. Super Awesome!

The fun didn't stop there. Every kid got to choose a book to take home and received a goody bag. Noah chose a Junie B Jones book. He loves them. Inside the goody bag were several book marks and two awesome book lights. One for the child and one for the mom or dad that brought them. The book light has a timer on it so they can keep track of how much they read each night. 



We had a blast!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...