Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas with a touch of tears

It's the second day after Christmas and I'm feeling a little sad. Not just because another Christmas has come and gone but because in just a few days we will load the car up and drive back to Illinois. A few days that will pass much too quickly. Coming home for the Christmas holiday only confirms my feeling that we belong here and not there. We miss out on so much being so far away. Watching Noah play with his cousins is so bittersweet right now because I know soon we will leave and who knows when we will be back. We still have lots of things planned with family and friends before we leave. I know I'll enjoy every moment but there will be this underlying sadness that I will suppress until we're on the road home. I expect many many tears will be shed on that long drive away from my true home.   

But for now I need to go start packing boxes to take to the post office. There is just no way we will fit all of this stuff in the car. 

This has been the best Christmas. I have lots of photos to share but unfortunately my moms computer isn't really set up to edit anything so I'll wait until were back UP there...in the cold. =)

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about getting homesick! But that's wonderful you had such a great Christmas! God Bless you guys and may you have safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great to hear that you had such a wonderful Christmas, but I can't imagine having to pack up and leave home afterwards :( I know Illinois has never felt like home to you which really sucks. Luckily you get all this wonderful time with family though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...