Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Packing...made a little easier

I am beginning to pack for our trip to Louisiana. I can not wait to be back home again. It's only been about six months but it feels like much longer. I'm excited to see my family and spend some much needed time with friends. 

I hate packing. It takes forever. I always feel like I'm forgetting something even though I'm a HUGE list maker. Everything gets crossed off the list but it never fails that as we pull out of the driveway I have a nagging feeling that something was left behind. I quiet this fear by telling myself that IF I did forget something I'm sure Walmart has it and there are Walmarts everywhere. 

The hardest part of packing for me is deciding what clothes to bring. We all have outfits that we love. So naturally I want to take my favorite outfits with me but when I stand in front of the closet staring at my options my mind goes blank. To make the process easier I made a clothing album on my phone. Every time I picked out clothes for the day and really liked the outfit I laid the outfit out and snapped a quick picture. When it came time to pack I could just open that album on my phone, scroll through all of the outfits, and pick the ones I liked the best. It made it easier because I could see all of the pieces I needed and quickly pull them out of the closet. In fact all of my clothes are already packed for our trip. It took me a total 20 minutes to pull it all out, fold it, and put it in the bag. Fantastic!


1 comment:

  1. This clothing album is a great idea! P.S. Looks like someone is gonna be dressed to impress in Louisiana ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...