Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What happened to my brain?


I got pregnant...that's what!

There are so many weird things that happen to you when you have a baby. One of them is preggo brain. Really it's the lack of being able to USE your brain properly. The science people say we can blame this along with many other things on the crazy surge of hormones. I definitely have a more extreme case this time around.

-We have a 2 gallon water filter that goes in the fridge. I took it out. I filled it up. I then began to struggle to get it into the cabinet over the breakfast bar.... "Why doesn't this stupid thing fit in here?!?"

-While driving I had a moment of panic where I thought, "Oh No! I forgot to put my contacts in!" Yet, I was driving. I did not have glasses on and could see just fine.

- Also while driving down the street, "Oh No! Did I take the car out of reverse?!?"

-Again while driving, "Did I shut the trunk?!?"

(maybe I just shouldn't drive?)

- I have to write EVERYTHING down. If it isn't on the calendar and in my phone I WILL forget about it.

- Going grocery shopping... I filled my basket up and went to get in line. Sadly I took my wallet out of my purse and it was at home on the computer desk. Joey and Noah had to drive to the store and bring it to me. 

- Buying groceries, putting them away, not being able to find them because they are in the wrong spot, buying groceries again.

- Several times I have left the house and had to circle around the block because I was certain that I left the garage door open. Sometimes I have to go inside to make sure the stove is off EVEN if I'm pretty sure I haven't used the stove.

- Getting MAD at the stove because the burner has been on for 20 minutes now and the food is still NOT heating up!... It helps if you make sure you turn on the correct burner.

Let's hope my brain function starts to improve soon!


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I had the worst case of Pregnancy brain with my last baby. My husband would just roll his eyes for the most part. Men just don't understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! Oh my God! I thought this pregnancy brain think was mostly myth... Sounds like it's hitting you pretty intensely though! That is just crazy. What a strange thing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...