Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Proud...



I am insanely proud of Bryan. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that my baby brother is actually allowed to do the things he does. When he goes to work it's not just a paycheck. He's making a difference in peoples lives. There are people walking around that wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He won't take compliments about it. Well, he'll say thank you and then probably share a gruesome story with you... But this is what he does. It's what he's chosen to do with his life. I know his job is stressful. It is exhausting. It saddens me when he has to make a run with a kid involved. Not many of us can handle that. Despite all of the hardships that come with his job he goes back shift after shift and gives his all. He is an amazing person. He has more strength than he knows.



My little brother started volunteering as a firefighter when he was 17. That was 4 years ago and at the time I thought, "Well that's pretty cool. It keeps him busy and he's helping." I didn't realize how much he enjoyed doing it and that he would turn it into a career... he'll even be Sparky the firedog.



He continued volunteering his free time while he went to school to get all of his certifications.
Now he is a fire fighter and a paramedic.



He was named firefighter of the year in 2010. Noah thinks it is "AWESOME" that his uncle gets to ride in a firetruck or ambulance. Back home every time we saw one Noah would ask, "Is that uncle Bryan's firetruck?"



I'm proud of everything he has accomplished and I know he is going to do so much more. I love him very much. I'm happy to call him my brother.

And yes ladies... he's single....



1 comment:

  1. I love this! My little sister is a paramedic too and I have no idea how she does it. I pick on her because she can do all the "paramedic" stuff but she was over one day when Garrett got sick and she literally flew out the door.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...