Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Liebster Award again =)
I was nominated for the Liebster Award a while ago. I was nominated again by Melissa from Press Play. Thank you Melissa! If you have never visited her blog you should! I feel like if we met in real life we would be instant friends. =)
These are her questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging, and more importantly why have you chosen to continue it over the years?
I started blogging as a way to keep in touch with my family. I also wanted a way to keep track of all of the stuff that was going on in our life. It has become so much more than that. I had no idea the blogging community was filled with so many wonderful people.
2. What was the ONE most important moment of 2012 for you, and why?
When we arrived back in Louisiana for Christmas. As we crossed over the bridge into my home town I knew that no matter where I go I will always want to be there. I have very high hopes that we will move back someday...or even just closer. I didn't realize how much I would miss that place.
3. If you were on a deserted island and could have any three things, what would they be?
A notebook, a pen, and a pillow...I need a pillow!
4. What is your current favorite song that I should be listening to?
I'm addicted to this song thanks to Becky from Ballistic Gypsy. I actually heard it in the car the other day and was way too excited lol.
5. What is one favorite blog post you have written? (post a link!)
My favorite posts are the ones where I've documented the funny and sweet things Noah says.
Link to "Noah Says"
6. Name one of your guilty pleasures.
Reality TV... I can't help it! I watch Teen Mom, Jwow & Snooki (don't judge me), Buckwild, Sister Wives, and I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now.
7. If you could give a piece of advice to yourself when you were 15, what would it be?
Oh dear sweet Ashley be nicer to your mom. She really has your best interests in mind. Listen to your dad. He's going to be right 99.9% of the time. Spend less time worrying about having a boyfriend and more time enjoying just being 15 and hanging out with your best friend doing stupid things you'll laugh at someday.
8. What book are you looking forward to reading in the near future?
Gone Girl I've heard so many different things about it. Some people love it and others hate it. I just want to find out for myself.
9. Tell your readers something they may not know about you!
I have a tattoo. It's of a moon with tiny stars. I got it when I was 16 or 17 and only because my mom said I could. I think I was so excited about the idea of being allowed to do it that I didn't put any thought in it. I often forget that I have it and kind of regret it because it doesn't have any real meaning to me.
10. You’re told that you have to drop one of your social media accounts- which one, and why?
I actually only have Facebook. I know shame on me!
11. What is one thing that you truly could not live without?
Books! I love to read. It makes me a little sad when I meet someone and they say they don't read. I want to shake them and say, "But your missing out on so much!!!!"
And now my 11 facts:
1. I am a rule follower. My husband picks on me for this. I go out the out door and in the in door. Rules are meant to be followed lol.
2. I always forget how old I am. When someone asks me how old I am I usually tell them I'm a year older than I actually am. Then Joey usually looks at me like I'm crazy and corrects me.
3. I forget to make Noah's lunch almost everyday. I remember right when we are walking out the door. I have to run into the kitchen and quickly pack his lunch.
4. I pretend to speak Spanish at home. It's really very easy. Just add os or es to the end of every word. Joey finds it quite annoying.
5. I want to do so many adventurous things but I've never taken the time to go do them. Rock climbing... White water rafting...Sky diving...
6. I am insanely clumsy.
7. I am horrible with math. I mean really bad!
8. I know I'm an adult but I don't feel like an adult. I often look at my life and think how did I get here? How am I a wife and mom? Am I qualified to do all of this stuff?
9. If I could have any job in the world I would want to be an actress. I think it would be amazing to take a story and bring it to life to share with so many people.
10. Sometimes I'm a little to hard on myself. I have to take a step back and remind myself that no one is perfect and I shouldn't push myself to be perfect.