Sunday, September 9, 2012

What I will miss...

Noah is growing up. Lately I've been thinking about all of the things 
I'll miss as he gets older. There are already so many cute little things he did 
when he was younger that he doesn't do anymore.
I've been trying to soak up all of it now and enjoy it while it lasts.

I'll miss all of his sweet cuddles.  I know there will come a day 
when it won't be cool to hug me goodbye in front of his friends 
or snuggle with me when we watch a movie.


I'll miss reading children's books at night with him.
I love Junie B. Jones, so does Noah.
The books are pretty funny, but I don't like that Junie has a tendency 
to call names...We talk a lot about how that is NOT a
 nice way to treat people.



      This is an excerpt from the book we are reading. Junie is getting a
 baby brother and she is describing the nursery.  It made me laugh a lot.



I'll miss the notes he writes us.



And.... The pictures he draws.....
This is a picture of unicorns with wings.  And yes it is pooping...
I asked him why he made it poop and he said, "I don't know. I just wanted it to."

I love my little guy. I know he's going to grow up and there isn't anything I can do
to stop it. He'll turn in to a teenager who thinks I'm uncool and maybe annoying.
But hopefully he'll grow in to an adult and regret all of the grey hair inducing things
he did while he was a teenager. Once I became a parent I realized how crazy I must have 
made my mom. How much she must have worried about me. 
How insane it probably made her when I just wouldn't listen. I know Noah 
will grow up, but for now he's still little.  
I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...