Monday, February 9, 2015

Home

Source: QuotationsIsland


I am so glad to finally have time to blog again. I have to begin by thanking God for orchestrating my current situation. It is an amazing place to be. I was lucky to stay home with Noah for 3 years. My intention was to have the same with Emily. Unfortunately things didn't work out that way. We were living in Illinois and had the opportunity to move back to Louisiana. That decision would come with a pay-cut for my husband and result in me returning to work. Emily was 8 months old. I was excited about moving back but terrified about leaving Emily.

I started working in August. The entire time praying that something would change. That either I'd become stronger and be able to REALLY get a grip. Stop crying because I was missing everything. Stop feeling guilty. Stop feeling like I wasn't doing enough. OR that I would be able to stay home again with her. Joey left with the kids at 6:30 in the morning to drop them off at daycare. I got home at night around 6:00, just in time for dinner, bath, and bed. It was tearing me apart.

Then God stepped in and changed it all.
Joey was hired by a recruiter here so for a few months he was paid by the recruitment company and not by his actual company. He came home one day and told me that at the time he was to convert from being paid by the recruiter to being paid by the company....the company was planning to pay him LESS than he was making at that time. LESS. Instead of panic I had a sense of calm. I had been in prayer and felt assured that good things were coming.

The next day Joey is texting me like crazy. After informing his boss that this was not an option for our family and he would have to find something else he was called into a meeting. In that meeting was his boss and the boss of a different department. Both wanting him to work for them. Both now offering him a much higher salary.What my husband does is an extremely underpaid career field here in Louisiana. We could live somewhere else and make 2 or 3 times as much. Getting paid a good wage is almost impossible. We anticipated me HAVING to work here. But because GOD doesn't operate in our rational ways. Because He operates in extraordinary ways. Because He loves the impossible. This amount was enough to allow me to quit my job. I can stay home with my children. I can return to school to get my teaching degree.

His timing is also perfect. Always. The first two weeks have been nothing like I thought they would be. Emily and Noah were both very sick. If I was working I would have used up the majority of my sick time as well as had to push my work off onto someone else for all the days I would have been out. My mother's fiance passed away. If I was working I would not have been able to spend time taking care of her and helping her. I would have been working and stressing about not being able to really be there for her.

I am however grateful for the time I did have to work. It gave me perspective. It made me more appreciative of the blessing being home is. I didn't realize all I would be missing until it was gone.
Now I'm going to go snuggle Emily.... simply because I can.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome, Ashley! I'm so so glad that your situation changed and you were able to quit your job and stay home. I'm so happy for you and for your family! Hugs. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...