Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Book Chat - YA Books

Photobucket

Finally I'm participating in the book chat again! It feels like it's been forever!

I loved YA books before I knew I was actually reading YA books. I just took recommendations from friends, read the books, and loved them. It wasn't until about a year ago that I realized this was actually a genre...a genre that I read a lot of. Since discovering that the books I loved were in fact YA I started immediately heading to that section of the library. 

YA books are NOT just for young girls.They deal with so many different topics and issues. Some of the most emotion provoking books I've read have been YA. These are a few of my favorites:






6 comments:

  1. I did that too! I was just reading books that looked good to me or were recommendations and I didn't realized until the last few months that I was reading YA books.

    I never thought to check if my library has a YA section. Most of my books are requested ones so I don't venture to the shelves a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing. I didn't even know it was a thing, but I'm glad it is. I love YA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read all of those! I read the book thief and found out later it was considered young adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read The Book Thief! I feel like the only person who hasn't read it! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Book Thief & The Fault in Our Stars - SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...