Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It happened. She's one.


Completely without permission Emily turned one. She didn't seem to care that it broke my heart. She can NOT be one! Can she? Yep, 13 days ago she had her first of many birthdays. The year really has flown by. I still think of her as a baby. Her one year check up is this Friday and I know the doctor will say it's time to ditch the bottle. BUT I DON'T WANNA!!!! That means she's really not a baby.



She STILL isn't crawling. She is however pulling up on everything, no matter how un-sturdy the object is.



She likes to hit...a lot. She thinks it's hilarious. Telling her no only adds to her amusement. She also loves to throw things when she's mad. As soon as she sees she isn't going to get her way she throws herself backwards and has a fit. I'm looking forward to her terrible twos...not.

She is beautiful. Her eyes are so big and bright. Her squishy cheeks are just adorable. Her crazy hair is so pretty. I could stare at her all day.

We've had a battle returning to daycare. She has been sick more times than I can count. It sucks. Big time. In fact she was sick about a week ago and is now stuffy again. Daycare germs stay away!



She loves to go outside. She will point at the door several times a day and demand to go out. It's very cute. She LOVES mickey mouse. She likes music. She will bounce along to a song. She enjoys making a mess of course. Dumping things out of a bucket over and over again can entertain her for a long time. She really likes taking baths. Splashing is a lot of fun!

She sleeps all night long. As long as she's not sick she goes to bed around 7 and sleeps until I wake her up at 6. It is fantastic.


She is an amazing little girl and I am so blessed that she's mine. I can not imagine life without her.
It's strange to think that this time last year she was a brand new baby. Reading her birth story makes me tear up. I can't believe that was a year ago! I love her!!!!



Happy birthday Emily. Let's try to slow this second year down a bit...okay?

You can read Emily's birth story HERE. Gets me every time =(




3 comments:

  1. awww! happy birthday to Emily! hope time slows down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I cannot believe it's been a year already! I remember talking with you when you were going back to work and considering daycare... Time absolutely flies!

    Happy Birthday to little Miss Emily. Cutie pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cupcake cake is adorable! So is your little girl. What a big day. I remember my son's first birthday. I kept downplaying it like it wouldn't be a big deal...'oh, he'll never remember it'. But I ended up crying! It really does go by so quickly.

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...