Friday, February 14, 2014

Why We Work



This is a link up hosted by The Daily Tay and Life of Bon.



I met Joey in high school. He happens to be my best friends cousin. How convenient. The first time I spent any real time with him was my sophomore homecoming. He had just started going to school with us. I didn't have a date. How sad... His aunt suggested that we go together and so we did. After that I had a tiny crush on him but I didn't let him or anyone else know that. We didn't start actually dating until the end of my Junior year. He asked me to marry him my senior year. My parents weren't too thrilled about it lol.



Joey joined the Army and left just after I graduated. We didn't really know it yet but we were about to spend a lot of time apart. After he finished Basic and AIT he came home for two weeks. We were married during that time and then he left for Germany, our new home. When he arrived he found out that he would be deploying very quickly to Iraq. Plans for me to follow him to Germany and start out new life together crumbled. Finally he returned and we had Noah about a year later. Sadly Joey would deploy again when Noah was only a month old. Through all of our time separated we wrote each other a lot. I have a box filled with letters and cards that we sent each other.



We've been married for 10 years now. We have Noah and Emily. We've had really high highs and some really low lows. We are stronger today though because of the hard times. We've built a pretty great life together. I am happy.I love him more now than I ever have.




We work because we love each other.
We work because he makes me laugh...a lot.
We work because I am proud of him and appreciate everything he has done for our family.
We work because we are friends.
We work because even when we get angry with each other it doesn't stay that way for very long.
We work because we've learned to let the little things go.
We work because I know he will always be there for me no matter what.
We work because if we didn't I would be lost without him.






3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were high school sweethearts! You guys look wonderful together. What a happy story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you guys have such a cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I'm so happy I did because I love this! Can't wait to keep reading along with your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...