Friday, January 25, 2013

Pixlr... How did I NOT know about this?




I was researching information on how to do your own blog design. You know HTML coding, crazy computer language that you don't understand, and of course pulling your hair out trying to figure it out.
Well somewhere along the way I stumbled upon Pixlr. Uh? Amazing! So I spent an obscene amount of time playing with this website...almost making me late to pick Noah up...Shhh! 
I'm really a learn by doing type of person. So I spent a lot of time just clicking all of the buttons. The best thing is that it is FREE! What? I know! It's great! I'm sure in my few hours of playing around I am far from jedi master level but I'm learning.  
Does anyone else use this website? Is there something better out there that I am missing?
I'm still trying to teach myself how to make my own blog design. I know once I figure it out I will be super proud and happy. Sure I could hire someone to do it but I love learning new things...AND more importantly the great feeling I get once I have figured it out. I WILL figure it out. I WILL do an uncoordinated happy dance.

They even have graphics you can play with! I'm in love...











7 comments:

  1. I used to use Pixlr a lot. But my mac has a very sensitive BACK command (swiping the mouse) and I would be halfway through a project and I would accidently swipe the mouse and poof...gone.
    I have come a long way since I started blogging and I can do my own designing now. If you need any help, let me know. Keep in mind, it took me 2 years and I still have a lot to learn. It doesn't hurt to Google your questions. There are a ton of helpful sites out there. And always backup your design in case you mess it up. Done that before. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh never heard of this site before! Will have to give it a perusal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried pixlr before and couldn't figure it out, so maybe I need to have a tutorial from you! I do use picmonkey alot! Everything I have learned, I learned through asking other bloggers and searching for tutorials on other blogs! You did a great job on those photos so I am sure your future blog design will be cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley! Just hopping around this morning and found your blog. Um.. your new pup? Completely adorable and I'm in love with his face! Glad I found you though as we have a 2 year old boy and I can always use advice from fellow momma's of a boy! Hope you have a great weekend and I hope you'll follow back and stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used picmonkey.com in the past but i am definitely giving this site a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent used that one before Ill have to check it out. Im with you, so much of this blog stuff Iv just figured out myself via google or looking at other blogs! Its a good sense of achievement though isnt it creating your own little space on the web :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of it before, but now feel like I should check it out - I got my blog professionally done because I couldn't be bothered fighting with code, but now I feel like I should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...