Tuesday, January 8, 2013

French Fry Fail

So last night I had this grand idea that I would make french fries. I would slice the potatoes, fry them, and season them perfectly. They would be fantastic.

We have FryDaddy BUT I thought it would be easier to just pour some oil in a skillet and fry them on the stove. Recently I found out that the proper way to get crispy at home fries is to fry them at a low heat, let them cool, and fry again at a slightly higher heat.

I fried them.

I cooled them.

I turned the heat up.

And then everything went wrong.

Perhaps I turned the heat up too much? As soon as the fries hit the oil they burned. I also melted my spoon.
Why was I using a plastic spoon? Because I wasn't thinking. That's why! In case you didn't know:

And so as the house filled with smoke and our not so delicious fries were thrown in the trash Noah informs me that I am no longer the chef. From now on Daddy is the chef.

I say from now on I just buy fries from the store and bake them in the oven. It's probably healthier AND less smokey.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear - I hate that when you put in so much effort and then it turns out inedible! Nevermind, theres always Maccas :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...