Monday, October 15, 2012

The night I almost died...and then went to a craft fair

Okay I didn't almost die but it is entirely possible that I could have!

So Joey's Grandma is in town and she spent last weekend in Rockford with her sister. They invited me to go with them to a craft fair on Saturday. We decided it would be much easier for me to just drive over and spend the night Friday so I wouldn't have to wake up super early and make the one hour drive in the morning. 
I am the biggest chicken. I can not watch scary movies. The ones I have watched in the past haunt me. Halloween time is my enemy. So, I pack my stuff and get in the car. I realized almost right away that this was going to be a bad idea. Between here and there are just country roads. There are barely any street lights to guide me, just lots of creepy corn fields, disheveled old barns, miles and miles of darkness, and little cry baby me. 
Nothing can scare you more than your own mind. I have this giant fear that I will be driving and someone impersonating an officer will pull me over and I'll never be seen again. Perhaps I need therapy? I've never been pulled over but I can just see it now... I'll get pulled over one dark and scary night by a legitimate officer just wanting to give me a nice little ticket and he will find me in my seat. I will have died of fright of course...
I just kept praying  please don't get a flat tire. Please don't break down. And this is why I don't watch scary movies...every scary scene comes rushing back to me. I kept making sure the door was locked and picking at my nails. The more I'm reading this as I write it the more I think I DO need therapy! 
Of course I did arrive safely. I'm sure the chances of a masked murderer waiting out there for me are pretty slim...but it's still possible. Because I arrived alive and with all of my limbs intact I was able to go to the craft fair =)

It was a lot of fun even though it was cold and rainy. They had so many cute things. I bought some Christmas presents. I wish I could share them with you because I love them so much but I can't because then my family would see them =/
They had lots of delicious food! We didn't actually eat any of this delicious food because the only place to sit was outside...in the rain. We enjoyed smelling it though lol. 







Kettle Corn!!!!
"almost" dying was worth it....


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I had an experience similar to this one when I was driving alone at night from Savannah to Alabama. It was dark and all country roads. There weren't a lot of turns so if someone ended up behind me, they stayed behind me for a while, and I was just positive they were following me to snatch me up and lock me in their basement. LOL I would rather drive through the ghetto at night which doesn't make any sense at all!
    And that craft fair seems so fun. It totally reminded me of Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way! Every time a car pulled behind me my mind started racing.
      The craft fair was so much fun. It was hard not to just spend all of my money!

      Delete
  2. I don't think you need therapy! I always have this terrible image of myself getting into the worst situations in every place I go. When I was in Paris this summer I got locked in an empty train with my best friend and I nearly died right then and there. I was like "I'M GOING TO RUN OUT OF OXYGEN THEY FORGOT ABOUT US" yeah anyway, ha. I think it just means we are hyper aware of our surroundings and that if a scary situation were ever to come up, we'd be extra prepared ;) That's how I'm looking at it, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope so! I'd hate to think all this fear was for nothing lol

      Delete
  3. I am glad it all worked out! I am a huge fraidy cat too. Crapoloa now I'm worrying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband loves to hide in the house and scare me...I don't love it. lol

      Delete
  4. What is kettlecorn? Is it magical!?
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! You don't know what kettle corn is?!? It is so GOOD! It's cooked in a giant kettle and it is salty and sweet. I love to pick through my bowl and find the pieces that are covered in the hard sugar and eat those first lol.
      They sell it in the store but I never buy it because it just isn't the same as getting it fresh. Every time I go somewhere and see that they are making it I grab a few bags!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...